First and foremost, I must apologise for the appalling nature of my photographs. I've don't have a digital camera so I rely on my 2 megapixel phone camera to do the honours!
Anyway, this dish is something I baked up out of curiousity and it turned out to be a fantastic winter-warmer. Lasts a good few days too!
The trick to this recipe is to use plenty of mushrooms. Also, make sure you use whipping cream as it takes away some of the richness of the dish.
Chicken & Mushroom Pasta Bake
3 to 4 chicken thigh fillets (diced)
1 1/2 to 2 cloves garlic (chopped and diced)
350g button mushrooms (sliced)
500g short pasta (penne, macaroni)
300 ml whipping cream
200g (or more) parmesan cheese (grated)
1 cup white wine
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cook pasta until al dante.
2. While pasta is cooking, season diced chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat some oil in a pan. Fry up garlic until fragrant but not brown, then add in chicken. Stir fry until brown.
4. Add in mushrooms and white wine. Simmer over low fire for 2 mins.
5. Add in cream and bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste then remove from fire and set aside.
6. Pour in cooked pasta into the mixture and mix well. Add in some parsley and 200g parmesan cheese. Mix well.
7. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese on top and bake until golden brown.