In this recipe (which I got from Taste.com.au), I used bambini (baby) bocconcini which is half the size of the usual.
Bocconcini & Tomato Pasta
1 tub of baby bocconcini (220g) - halved
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
Extra Virgin olive oil
1 punnet of cherry or grape tomatoes
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon sugar
350g short pasta
Some basil leaves
1. Boil pasta.
2. While pasta is cooking, place the bocconcini in a large bowl with chilli flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add tomotoes and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add sugar to the tomatoes and garlic and cook stirring until the tomatoes begin to wilt. Remove from fire and add tomatoes and garlic to the bocconcini.
5. By now your pasta should be done so add the pasta to the bocconcini and tomato mixture. Mix well.
6. Tear up some basil leaves (don't be stingy, basil gives the dish a very fresh crisp flavour and its really yummy) and toss well.