Google

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Checking up on our waistlines ;)

As vanity takes it's course, us 3 Malaysian girls are feasting-"healthy" in preparation for the expensive,stylish and extravagant annual Malaysian ADnD event (Annual dinner and dance). I'm not usually present at such ball/prom-ish occasions; and I blame pure laziness. I hate fussing over getting dressed up fancy, etc. I love having a "dress-up" session with my girlfriends for a fun night out in town but my wardrobe isn't exactly "dainty, formal and elegant" -friendly. This year, the ADnD will be organized by a couple of very special friends of mine..and I couldn't possibly miss the chance to cheer my very pretty ex-housemate "Jia" dancing on stage! *gets excited*
The dinner is this friday.. and considering how I only have 1-2 "formal"-ish outfits...I'll have to make sure I squeeze in cozy and snug *wink*
hehe...
Cheers to delicious oil-free stir fried vege's!
For those who are sick and tired of soy sauce or stereotypical Chinese flavored stirfried dishes. Try this combo.Its fairly unorthodox, but lemon juice, lemon grass, chilies, fish tofu and greens are a lipsmacking medley. I used green beans, watercress stalks, carrots and lettuce in this sweet and sour stir-fry combo.

1 tbsp thick chilli sauce
1/2 tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 inch lemon grass stalk sliced
1 red chilli sliced
salt and pepper to taste

"Fish tofu?!" you say...
Another one of those great diet-days freezer-friendly items! They are golden cube nuggets of fish paste mixed with soy bean (tofu). Healthy and a perfect substitute for fat laden mince meat. They can be grilled, steamed, pan fried...skewered....ample options for what to cook them with!

Where to get a bag?: Most Asian marts, frozen aisle

Tags:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: