I finally got this recipe right!
150g Mozarella Cheese
300g Streaky Bacon
2 Large Tomatoes
1 cup (150g) Self Raising Flour
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Get hold a large and fairly deep baking dish. Brush the sides and base with olive oil.
3. Grate the zucchini and mozarella. Place in a large bowl.
4. Chop the onion and bacon as finely as possible. Place both in the bowl with the zucchini and mozarella.
5. Add the flour to the bowl.
6. Whisk the eggs then add to the bowl. Add the eggs to the mixture then season with salt and pepper. Go easy on the salt because the bacon already makes it quite salty.
7. Mix everything together. It's a bit of a pain at this point in time because of the flour but don't give up. If you get a bit pissy (i.e. me), use your hands. It always works. Your mixture should look like this:
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish.
9. Chop up the tomatoes then lay the sliced tomatoes on top of the mixture. Drizzle some olive oil over the top.
10. Place the mixture in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is evenly brown.
Never, NEVER compromise on the bacon. Streaky bacon (bacon with streaks of fat) is the way to go because it will make your zucchini slice really tasty. But if you're still waist-conscious, just put in 150g of streaky bacon.
Enjoy and don't share with your friends if you love it too much.
Tags: zucchini slice budget recipe