Google

Saturday, July 22, 2006

still onna budget....

but no longer a student. Hi everyone, I'm Noel and I started this site the beginning of last year (Jan 2005) to blog about my cooking experiences while studying in Melbourne. The premise, of course, is that eating out is indeed very expensive, and that by spending some time in the markets you can pick out stuff that would be both tasty and nutritious that you could make at home, and most importantly - was a lot cheaper than what you could get from you average $8-a-meal outside.

Since then, I've graduated from school and I'm back in Singapore, working. And cooking with a totally new paradigm. To my amazement, it's actually cheaper to eat OUT rather than cook in back home! Needless to say, it's been plenty hard to try and come up with really cool recipes while trying to keep within a budget. These days, I usually rotate between eating out one week and cooking a packed lunch the next (usually using recipes that I find on this site. I eat what I post!). The flip side about eatng out is, a lot of food out there is really unhealthy, and so i'm trying to be a bit more health conscious when preparing my meals - making sure that there's at least a balance of carbs, meat and veges.

So, stay tuned. I hope to upload more recipes in time to come - particularly when i get inspiration to cook something that's not already featured here. If you've got a recipe and you want to share it, send us an email on studentsonnabudget [at] gmail [dot] com.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: